Alamo Area Search and Rescue will be participating and fundraising with The Big Give SA. For more information, click here. In addition to monetary donations given on May 3rd, we will be taking donations of certain items. Listed below are our most needed items!
2016 Wish List
- Access to land, water and structures for training
- Boat cover
- Gas cards for generators
- Gas powered Gator-type 4-wheeled vehicle – transport team members to and from base camp to search locations and transport recovered victims from recovery area to base camp.
- Hand-held ICOM radio’s (at least five more units)
- K9 Garmin GPS units (dual use for ground search or K9)
- Laptops to replace desk top units now in command trailer
- Mobile Base Station – VHF/UHF two-way radio base for Command Trailer.
- Sponsors for insurance
- Storage space for trailer, boat, command trailer
- Used truck that is large enough to pull Command trailer. A vehicle that has been well maintained and has a tow-package.
If you would like to donate any of these items but have questions about specific brands, how to donate, etc, please email Alamo Area Search and Rescue President Susan Dickens at firstname.lastname@example.org.